After a long day at the hospital our families look forward to a hot meal waiting for them. By
coming into one of our Houses and cooking a meal for our families you can help relieve one
more burden that our families have.
If you are interested in becoming a meal provider at one or both of our Houses, please check
out our meal schedules at www.takethemameal.com and by start by clicking on FIND A MEAL SCHEDULE!
Utilize the login credentials below to select a meal date:
Blank House Meal Providers: Recipient Last Name: RMHBlank Password: 2024
MercyOne House Meal Providers: Recipient Last Name: RMHMercy Password: 2024
- All ingredients will need to be supplied by you. Often, we’ll have canned or dry goods in our cupboards which you are welcome to use. Please feel free to call the House to inquire about items on hand. Because of State of Iowa health regulations, the meal must be prepared in our kitchen or purchased from a restaurant.
- We have plenty of cookware and crock pots, as well as plates, cups and flatware available for you to use. Each House has a big kitchen with 2 ovens, 2 stoves, 2 refrigerators, and 2 microwaves. We even have 2 gas grills at RMH near Blank Children’s Hospital available from May-October.
- We ask that you prepare a meal for 30 people. To ensure our schedule is consistent for families, we ask that the meal is ready at 6pm. The kitchen will be reserved for you from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm. If you need to come outside of that timeframe, please contact Maggie or our House to make arrangements.
- You are welcome to stay and visit with the families during the meal; however, many times families do not return to the House until 9:30 pm and then re-heat the food. We usually leave the meal out for an hour before it is put into refrigerator as leftovers.
- We want you to have fun, be creative and enjoy yourself. There is no need to worry about food allergies or dietary restrictions.
If you have any questions, please call our Volunteer Coordinator, Maggie at (515) 204-2005 or email email@example.com. During evenings or on weekends, you can also call the House at 515-243-2111.