January 7th is a special day for Ronald McDonald House of Central Iowa, because it is officially the anniversary of the opening of our House at MercyOne!
"Our first year has been exciting and challenging all at the same time. 2020 was a whirlwind of a year for everyone, especially for families with sick children. Fortunately we were able to adapt and continued to keep families close. We look forward to continuing to serve families for many years to come." - Meggie (MercyOne House Manager)
"2021 is a year of celebration for the RMH. Today we are celebrating our one year anniversary of the RMH inside MercyOne and that we successfully helped families during the pandemic. All year long we will be celebrating our 40th Anniversary of the Des Moines Ronald McDonald House. There is so much we don't know what 2021 will hold, but here is what we do know..... we are mission forward." - Brenda (Executive Director)
A big thank you to the sponsors that made the opening of the House possible:
- Virginia & Nix Lauridsen
- The Independent Order of Odd Fellows Grand Lodge of Iowa
- MercyOne Des Moines Auxiliary
- Prairie Meadows
- Ronald McDonald House Charities, Inc.
- America Equity Investment Life Insurance Company
- Chris & Kristie Anderson
- Graham Construction
- The Graham Group, Inc.
- Mark & Kristi Hasek
- Polk County Board of Supervisors
- Variety-the Children's Charity
- The Waldinger Corporation
- Estate of Coletta A. Ammann
- Tom & Susan Mass
- Heidi & Cary Murphy, M.D. & family
- David & Tami Stroh
- Dr. Theresa Wahlig & Mark Feldmann
- Dr. Matthew & Terri Andres
- Kelly & James Bucher & family
- Flora & Sasha Khosravi, D.O.
- Ali & Samuel M. Maurice, M.D. and family
- Michael & Sandra Wenger
- Jim & Karen Baker
- Shannon Cofield & Kirk Irwin
- Joyce & Terry Ellis
- Linda & Larry Goodwin
- Marco Technologies, LLC
- Paul Pick
- Randall & Patricia Rubin
- William J. Vandivier, D.O.
- Marty & Suzanne Walsh