A great way to become involved with the Ronald McDonald House Charities Central Iowa is through our Meal Program. After a long day at the hospital, families look forward to a hot meal waiting for them.
In order to provide a meal, visit our meal calendar at www.takethemameal.com and reserve your date. Utilize the login credentials below to pick a meal date for a specific House.
To provide a meal at the Ronald McDonald House near Blank Children's Hospital:
Recipient Last Name: RMHBlank
To provide a meal at the Ronald McDonald House at MercyOneChildren's Hospital:
Recipient Last Name: RMHMercyOne
If you have any questions, please call the House at (515) 204-2005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Scheduling must be confirmed with the office.
- All ingredients will need to be supplied by you. Often, we’ll have canned or dry goods in our cupboards which you are welcome to use. Please feel free to call the House to inquire about items on hand. Because of State of Iowa health regulations, the meal must be prepared in our kitchen or purchased from a restaurant.
- We have plenty of cookware and crock pots, as well as plates, cups and flatware available for you to use. Each House has a big kitchen with 2 ovens, 2 stoves, 2 refrigerators, and 2 microwaves. We even have 2 gas grills at RMH near Blank Children’s Hospital.
- We ask that you prepare a meal for 30 people at RMH near Blank Children's Hospital or 40 people at RMH at MercyOne Children's Hospital. To ensure our schedule is consistent for families, we ask that the meal is ready at 6pm. The kitchen will be reserved for you from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm. If you need to come outside of that timeframe, please contact Jessica to make arrangements.
- You are welcome to stay and visit with the families during the meal; however, many times families do not return to the House until 9:30 pm and then re-heat the food. We usually leave the meal out for an hour before it is put into refrigerator as leftovers.
- We want you to have fun, be creative and enjoy yourself. There is no need to worry about food allergies or dietary restrictions.
Check out our kitchen inventory below:
RMH near Blank Children's Hospital inventory
RMH at MercyOne inventory
Thank you for supporting the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Iowa.